It looks like the better part of 2021 will continue to be challenging and unprecedented. To meet the challenges required adaption and innovation within every industry. In the art world this resulted in the cancelation of art and design fairs and their transition to a digital platform.
With my original handcrafted silver gelatin prints, I have captured a unique niche segment of the fine art photography market. My biggest pandemic challenge is two-fold:
- Ideally my artwork should be viewed in person. To compensate for this, I have been active on social media to discuss my artistic vision and process. Also, I introduced Art & Wine Chats over Zoom and encourage for collectors to personally connect over Zoom.
- I have not been able to release new artwork due to the pandemic restrictions and lockdowns. My darkroom facility is at Gallery 44 in downtown Toronto. I hope that this situation will change soon as I have several mushroom and floral studies negatives ready for printing.
In this edition of my newsletter, I am providing details on:
- Art review of my art work by Prerna SM Jain, Art Dealer St.
- New gallery representation and 2022 exhibition.
- 2020 & 2021 international recognition since my last newsletter.
- Updates to my website.
To read the full newsletter to to https://www.dalemreidphotography.com/newsletter/dmr_2021.0507.html